5 Signs That You Need a Professional Blocked Drain Plumbing Service
Homeowners know there are bound to be fixtures and fittings in the home that need repair or replacements occasionally. A common one is the issue of a drain clog.
Blocked drain pipes are a common problem. It can be caused by various things, from tree roots to grease and soap build-up. While you may be tempted to clear the blockage, it is not always the best idea.
You may be unable to identify the cause of the blockage, which could lead to it happening again. Trying to clear a blockage yourself can also be dangerous. You could harm yourself if you don’t know what you’re doing.
A blocked drainage can result from busted pipes and hair follicles gathering around the drain. Dealing with clogged drains is never pleasant. It’s frustrating when water doesn’t drain properly, and can get worse when DIY methods fail to fix the issue.
If DIY methods fail you, it might be time to call in a professional blocked drain plumbing service. In this blog post, discover how a reliable plumbing service can save you from all the hassle! Read on as we discuss five signs that indicate you need professional help for your blocked drains.
1. Water Backing Up in Your Sink
Water backing up in your sink is a common sign of requiring a professional blocked drain plumbing service. If water starts to back up in your sink, acting quickly and calling a plumber is essential. Water can quickly cause damage to your home if it’s not dealt with properly.
A professional blocked drain plumber has the tools to unclog your sink. He will be able to assess the situation and clear the blockage quickly. Quickly fixing this problem is crucial in preventing further damage to your home.
2. Slow Draining Sink
Have you ever tried to have a quick wash only to get irritated at how slowly the water drains off the sink? We know that feeling, and it’s never a pleasant one.
If your sink drains slowly, it is a good idea to call a professional blocked drain plumbing service. Slow drains can be caused by hair and soap scum build-up in the drain. Sometimes, a build-up of sand could be responsible. In any case, a plumber can see that your sink starts draining properly in no time.
3. Gurgling Sounds From Your Drain
Hearing gurgling sounds from your drain is a sign of a clog somewhere in your plumbing. A buildup of grease, hair, or other debris in the pipes usually causes this problem.
In this case, hiring a professional is better than attempting to drain the blocked drain plumbing yourself. It gets complicated when the blockage is quite deep. You risk further damage when repairing clogged drains without the necessary tools or expertise.
A professional blocked drain plumber can quickly clear the clog and restore normal drainage.
4. Unpleasant Odours Coming From Your Drain
Every homeowner can agree that awful odours are never welcome in the home. It can ruin the atmosphere, especially if you’re expecting some guests. If you notice offensive odours coming from your drain, there is likely a blockage somewhere in the system.
If the blockage is not removed, it can cause the water to back up and overflow. This blockage can create a health hazard, and it is very unpleasant to see a spill occur.
If you ever face this problem, contact a professional blocked drain plumber immediately. He will have the tools and knowledge to clear the blockage and get your home smelling clean and fresh again.
5. Water Pooling Around Your Drains
Water pooling occurs from different surface areas to form an accumulation around your drains. When this issue occurs, it is important to call a professional blocked drain plumbing service immediately.
A pool is usually a sign of a blockage in your drain that needs to be cleared. This blockage can occur from tree roots and debris finding its way into a collapsed pipe. With the services of a plumber, you can quickly remove the blockage.
Why You Need Professional Plumbing
Sometimes, blocked drains can be more complicated than you first think; that’s why we call in the experts. If you have a blocked drain, there are several benefits of hiring a professional plumbing service, including:
- Easy Identification: Plumbers have the training and experience necessary to quickly and easily identify the cause of the blockage. They proceed to take care of it safely and effectively.
- Specialist Equipment: Plumbers have access to specialist equipment such as powerful plungers and augers. They can quickly clear a blockage without damaging your pipes.
- Best Way to Save Time: Hiring a professional plumber to fix your blocked drain pipe will save you time. You will eventually find it cost-effective when you can maximise time in the long run.
- Renovation Purpose: Hiring a plumber is also a good idea if you plan any major renovations or construction work on your home. They can advise you on how to connect new pipes and drains to avoid future problems.
- Prevent Future Occurrences: Guessing your way through a blocked sinkhole is always a recipe for disaster. To avoid future relapses, engage a plumber today. A professional plumber can provide tips on how to prevent future drain blockages.
In conclusion, watching for the five signs above might indicate you need a professional blocked drain plumbing service. Catching these issues early on can save you time and money. In the long run, you would protect your home from further damage.
If you think you have a blocked drain, you should first stop using that sink, shower, or toilet. Don’t use your dishwasher if the issue is in your kitchen. Next, call us to take a look and clear your drain.